Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Here is my family having a little redneck quality time. We dug some chairs and car seats out of the dump and relaxed while we shot at stuff in the dump and made fun of each other. Brad (background holding gun) came for the first time and shot better than all of us, of course he stood while he shot, that may make the difference. Jeff (next to brad) is our family arms dealer and is generous enough to supply the ammo. Someday my boys will be out there joining us and it will be a proud moment. Zeke is still talking about wanting to play paintball, all of his toys he is turning into paintball guns and shooting them... so proud. We had a great thanksgivin
g with both families. I got to go bike riding from 11:00 p.m. till about 1:30 a.m. one night. I met up with some Wichita people that also had lights and we went a few laps on the local trail. it was a good time, good to see everyone. More and more people are going toward the single speed mountain bike concept without the gears. I just don't understand this backward move in technology? They are like omish mountain bike riders! what is the next step? no peddles, push with your legs the Brandon Mills way?
We made it back Sunday night, I had labs to grade before Tuesday. right now I am gearing up to learn some calculus of variations mathematics. Some topics require me to wear a game face and pump myself up for. This is a needed process, especially for topics such as this. There might be some howling involved. it is kind of like slapping yourself in the face when you are trying to stay awake while driving. I checked out several books but no one incorporates the simple to read pictures that I enjoy and what is up with all this math jargon?, bunch of elitists!

I am filling out an application for a society of military engineers scholarship for 1,500$. No it doesn't mean that I have to go into the military, those scholarships are much more lucrative. I have to get two reference letters one from my advisor and the other I am getting from the dean of engineering. That little TA position I am doing for him is paying off! We will see, don't know what my chances are of getting it. Don't worry Gail I am having my wife check the spelling.
Well better get to my mathematics, whooooooooo slap slap come on get it on!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger  admin said...

I think you know the next step, dan. The mountain unicycle. And after that it will be unicycle without saddle, but still with pedals. After that it will be just a wheel, with the rider log-rolling the wheel down the trail.
When that gets boring I guess you circle back to a full-suspension, 30-geared mountain bike decked out with all the latest fads.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Flippo said...

That is Ashley your niece. oh yes you are very smart Gail. I am getting ready to black list you so that you can't comment anymore.
did you like all those pics I sent on Mom's machine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home