Thursday, August 23, 2007

new place to work






So I get this email from Dr P (the grad student adviser) who is in charge of placing people in offices.

"During a walk-through to allocate offices for
new graduate students, we noticed that you are
occupying all three desks in Room 141 FH.
My understanding is that Faculty members with lab space
will use the lab space to house all their computers/research equipment and
the offices such as 141 FH will be used by GTAs for office hour
interaction with undergraduate students.

We have had an increase in the number of incoming graduate students,
and need space to seat them. Room 141 has three desks and we
will be allocating two more students to this office.
Please move the materials on the other two desks so that the
office can accomodate two more students.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Dr. P
Graduate Liaison, AME"

actually my office was getting too small for me and my stuff, let alone two more people! So I moved everything in with Mat Roman, which is working out well the only bad part is that I have to listen to his boom-de-boom music. My desk in the other room I will use for storage for all my junk, this is needed even after I threw away a whole bin full of stuff.
I have been praying for a new laptop (the one Doc gave me can't be moved or else it starts to chatter). Doc came in the other day and said that if I volunteer as a tutor the department will put 2500$ in an account to use for such things as laptops. So I will be ordering my new mac powerbook next week. This is good news and really cool, if God would have given me 2500$ I would not have used it on a laptop, but this way I have no choice,

robert is your uncle Fanny is your aunt, everything is shiny.

I also asked to be out of debt before we leave here, that is harder to trust for but we shall see what glorifies him the most.

Mat and I went riding last week and the trail out at the lake is awful, overgrown and eroded with lots of spider webs. I am sure they will work on it soon but it was disappointing. Mat did crash though which is always an upper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home