Thursday, July 26, 2007

Trail rated.

Dr Wang just left, he is the Chinese visiting Dr in MEchanical Engineering that I am helping in English. Today he read to me from the Jeep Commander sales brochure that I picked up the other day at the dealership. Interesting experience.

Angie and the boys are still in Branson, I get a call from them everynight and I talk to Zeke before he goes to bed. He tells me all about his day and usually he throws in a lot of sound effects with it. I really miss them and I am looking forward to taking off a couple of weeks in August to spend with them. Zeke likes to talk about the hotel that they are staying in, we have theorized that a machine comes in everyday and cleans and makes the beds for them. we agree we need one of those at home.

Monday my prof comes home after two months of travel and we are to have a "chat". not sure what that means, not sure if he has decided to go some other direction with his career or not. Anymore I don't care as much what he thinks of me, I guess that is progress.

Today is review day for the final that is tomorrow in the class that I am teaching, I am thinking about doing the Dave Mitchel (preacher from wichita) thing and throwing out candy for the right answers to my review questions, if nothing else it will give me a chance to throw things at a few of the students. So it is therapeutic for everyone. I still have to write the test but shouldn't take too long, it will be hard for them but I think they will do fine, most will anyway.

6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger expatAaron said...

We had a supervisor over here that used to throw candy too. I say used to because he retired last year. Needless to say I think I only got one piece in the whole 4 weeks 8 hour a day training session we went through together. I don't think he liked me very much...

Do you stay up later than normal when you are away from the fam? Not that I do..... But it always is kind of fun getting to sleep in a little later without having to feed the girls (or have the daily fight about what they are going to wear.)

What do you think about Scottie finally having a boy? I'm sure he's ecstatic, but I'm a little disappointed myself. They really had something going there...

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Flippo said...

The candy didn't work, they still just sat there. Maybe I should make them all stand up and jog in place maybe?

Scott with a boy, what fun. I still can't for the life of me remember how many kids people have. You got....2,3?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger expatAaron said...

2 you dufus. You can see them in the pic you know...

You hear from Christ in the last couple of years???

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger expatAaron said...

Yikes, that should be Chris...

Although hopefully you are hearing from Him too.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Flippo said...

I hear from christ a lot more than Chris, nothing from him.
Dufus? thats real spiritual of you, they let you through seminary with a mouth like that?
besides thats an old picture.
Angie and I talked about going to China for a graduation party and leaving the kids with grammy. Just talk for now but fun idea.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger  admin said...

lighted firecrackers, for wrong answers only.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home