Monday, July 30, 2007

cafe plaid

I am sitting here at cafe plaid, the coolest spot next to campus. I think I fit right in.
I just got done rewriting an abstract for a conference in February in California. My writing skills are not exemplary, as you all know. so it takes me a while of reading and rereading. I have noticed that I am a more aggressive typer when I have some cafe plaid coffee in me (faster more mistakes).
My professor came back today from his 2 month vacation in hawaii and the west coast(nice career choice). I asked if he had decided on any career changes. (hawaii can do that to a person) and he said that he and his wife looked at houses on the island of kuai. I don't think that he is headed there very soon, but I would not be surprised if he retires there soon after I am gone, which explains the deep desire for me to get done.
I am officially on vacation although I had a lot of loose ends to get done, like the abstract. I also have yet another appointment with the dentist tomorrow, yep another cavity. I think this one is from too many sunflower seeds. I will ask if she can put some sort of sunflower seed shield in the one spot. The lady on the phone asked what type of pain, I dismissed this question knowing full well what a cavity feels like. She didn't know she was dealing with an expert.
Zeke and I are proud owners of some nerf dart guns and 36 nerf darts. We have been shooting each other constantly for the last few days. We had to make a rule today "no shooting mommy" because Zeke grazed her along the cheek. One bad shot ruins it for all of us. Judah on the other hand has yet to get hit, he seems to dodge them well maybe cause he rushes whoever has a gun and starts chewing on the darts. We might bring them to Wisconsin to shoot my brothers but I am afraid they will find there way in the car and I will be driving and getting pelted my darts. We also take target practice and have set a target on dusty to facilitate moving target practice, this was an especially good idea since I am vacuuming the floor at the same time.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Shaffer Family Happenings said...

Hello Dan and Angie,
I was trying to locate you guys, and googled Angie's name. That led me to a comment you left on another blog, which led me here.

It has been fun catching up on your life, very fun reading. We try to maintain a blog of our lives (mostly the kids) but it is hard to find the time to get new posts.

I was in search of Angie to see if she still made blankets with ribbons on the edges. Our baby, Ben, seems to love only the tag portion of his toys, and someone suggested a blanket with "tags" and I thought immediately of you. If you do still make them, I'd love to get one from you, just let me know how much and where to send the moolah.

Glad to hear you are all well.
Kristin Shaffer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home