Monday, February 05, 2007

trailer ride

Here is Zeke inside our bike trailer that Angie's mom got at a yard sale for us, I must say that I am quite impressed with this little contraption. It hooks to the back of my bike allowing me to turn without any problems, it is light and roomy, and it folds up to nothing. Zeke and I went for about an hour ride on Saturday. He had a blanket, snacks, toys, and a book back there. there is a fold down plastic wind shield or you can go with just the net. There is also a place in the back for groceries. I thought that it would be a good workout, but really I didn't notice it behind me other than any big hills I went on it trails really well. He had fun, we stopped at the park and played also. Judah is still a little small for the ride but I think next month he will be going as well, maybe that will be a better workout. One thing that I would change would be the suspension, it needs one. Angie read on the back something about no modifications, I said that was just for people who are not engineers. I think that I could add a swing arm with a shock without any problem, it would be more comfortable and safer (less tipping). Pretty cool to have independent suspension on my boys bike trailer, who knows I could take it on the trail! There is a race here the beginning of April that is a 6 hour as many laps as you can race. The Wichita people should come and participate but it is around 40$ to ride in it. I don't know if I can afford this (personal money) what I need is a sponsor.
Angie and I went out to a restaurant in Noble that we like, they are famous for their chicken fried steaks. This is the small plate in the picture, Angie even looks really beautiful eating chicken fried steak! Valentines day is coming up, I got a scoff the other day when I asked what day it was on, apparently I should have known that. We are making cards for each other this year. I am not sure what to do, maybe something out of metal? Something that will last a while!!
Well I have some writing to do on my new Macintosh.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home