Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Machine that will give me a degree.

I haven't posted pictures of my machine lately. I have to get as much done on it this week as I can due to a group of 60 year old engineers coming through next week for a tour. My boss doesn't know why they are doing this but he is hoping for money. So everything has to be as impressive as possible. NASA has changed where their money is going (to the new crew rocket) so all of our funding is being stripped away, this means we as grad students will be teaching instead of working on our research. Which will mean we are here longer. I met a guy a while back that has been in grad school for 14 years, he is married (still). My wife doesn't like that story.
I took a digger this morning on my bike, I was getting cocky I know. I was just about to the school when my back tire slid out from under me and I went down. I was wearing so many clothes that the only way I knew I was down was that I was looking into the sky instead of at the road. Matt is really excited about night riding now and is working on a new light. We are thinking of selling our lights and making our own. I like the idea of army surplus night vision goggles instead. I wonder how much I could purchase one for?
Today I will be in the shop on the metal lathe making parts and then in the lab trying to get some electronic boards to work because we don't have the money to purchase new ones. We are going from the Cessna philosophy of buying everything new to a farming mentality of using old stuff patched together. Doc was going to check the development office yesterday to see if they got any money raised for the sooner lunar schooner, a robotic mission to the moon done solely by OU using a Russian rocket and launching from Kazakhstan, I have been to Kazakhstan and I wouldn't mind going back especially to launch a rocket. I could break out my Russian accent and pretend to be a local. We need 32 million to do the mission so if anyone has any money for that then let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home