Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ice again.

It is icy again here, the ten day forecast calls for 50-60 degree temps next week, that is where I am living right now. My sister Gail once told me not to wish my life away.... sorry sis I am not living in reality right now but at least it is 50-60 degrees where I am at.

"hello dan" Chinese neighbor that I can't remember his name.
"hello" Dan as I get on my bike on the ice
"you ride you bike today?"
"yup"
"you crazy" as he walked off.

I am currently typing on my new laptop that my professor loaned me, it is his old one but still pretty nice. It is a mac powerbook. My boss is a big mac guy and I think that he wants to prostilitize his beliefs. That is alright to me, as long as I get free stuff. I just finished a letter to Michelin tire company asking them several questions about their tread design process and inviting them to join in my research (asking for money). I think that I am getting better at writing, or at least I think that until Angie rips through it with her head in her hand all the time wondering how I got this far in engineering writing like a 3 year old. I say CAD drawings are worth a thousand words, at least until I want to show them to someone that is not an engineer. The English language is so inefficient and wordy. Angie has been very encouraging but I still get tired of trying.
We had our first leaders meeting for our new church last night it went well. we are reading a book called home cell group explosion so far it is really good. I also started to reread "the insider" which is a good book on workplace relationships from a christian perspective.
Here is a video of my machine so far. I think that I will use my old toolbox as a junction box for all of the electronics. Brandon thinks that I am crazy. crazy like a fox!!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger  admin said...

robot looks good, dan. so does the trail. I am anxious to ride at the rocco ranch. We got some more chickens so maybe we will bring them to put along the trail., along with the goats, sumo wrestlers, and hopefully Sweets will be there too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home