Friday, February 23, 2007

Software woes

I am currently designing a H bridge for my machine, a H bridge is a electronic circuit that can control large motors (direction and speed) by using a simple 2 line signal from a computer. The software that is used by my peers here is called Protel, but it is a questionable copy so I don't feel right about using it. So I went online and got a similar program called diptrace. Well I spent a lot of time making a beautiful circuit board and this morning just found out that I have to buy it to get the right file from it to run the circuit board milling machine here on campus. This is distressing to me, but I know it is part of the experience. I just emailed them and asked what their educational discount is. I think the "free educational copy" hope is a long shot.
Judah slept pretty well last night, he got up at 10:30 and then at 6:00. So I am not so much of a Zombie right now. I did go for my appointment at the oral surgeon yesterday and I have a surgery appointment for the 9th to get that tooth cut out. They will put me under for that and then Angie will have to take care of me for several days. I might as well stay up as much as I can before then to get stuff done cause I will be sleeping for 2-3 days. I forgot to ask if he could save the tooth for me. it probably comes out in pieces, I could make a puzzle out of it for the coffee table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home