Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dr Wang didn't show up today

Thursday mornings is my English lesson with Dr Wang, his family came in on Tuesday so maybe that is why the no show. So I have an extra hour to goof off with.
I spent yesterday mostly in the machine shop making parts on the NC mill, so yes it was a good day. I rammed the tool into a clamp for the first time. I looked up and there was something glowing (friction) I broke the center drill bit but that is OK I say, I am a learner. Plus no one was watching so I got away with it. Today though I have to spend doing homework for my math class, I don't have as much motivation for this class maybe it is cause I have been in school so long, maybe cause I have milling to do (which is much more fun), or maybe I am just brain lazy!
Ok Dr Wang just showed up and we talked. He told me what the english translation for Ke Ko Ke La meant, which happens to be the Chinese name for Coka cola. It means something like makes your mouth happy! isn't that cool. When I started out this morning on my bike to work there was some sort of burnt acrid smell in the air and it reminded me of China... ahhh takes me back.
I am still up in the air about cell phones, we are considering going to AllTel because alot of Angie's family is on it and would save us money but I have heard a lot of bad things about them. Of Course Cingular isn't all that great either. Since I lost my palm pilot (or the whistlepigs took it) I would like to get a pal mpilot phone, but to do that with Alltell you have to buy the extra 40$ a month service which I say "bu hao" (no good). So I might just get one off of ebay.
gotta go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home