Tuesday, August 08, 2006

got the cap

Just got back from the dentist again, I rode my bike and they let me park in the lobby, nice folks. For a 1000$ I should get a ride to the office!
Everyone in my house sleeping is a big issue these days. Zeke sleeps well until about 6:30 or so, Angie is a crap shoot and might be up around 2:30 worried that she can't sleep and Judah is up whenever he wants. I try to put everone back to sleep. This morning I put Zeke back to sleep at 6:30 after some milk and a new pull up, we slept till after 8:00! that was nice. I feel encouraged and not so down on life after a little more sleep.
The europa probe experiment is not going well, I am scrambling at the last minute trying to get something to work. In my experience of tinkering, piddling, and inventing I have realized that these last minute frantic jobs never produce working ideas. I have to meet with the boss tomorrow and talk about the progress...The only way this thing will get done is if God does it, which I wish he would have done it sooner, but that is probably my fault. So if it gets done or not the world will go on, but I may or may not get to go to CA in Sept to the conference.
We are planning on coming home in a week or so (19th 20th) to see family.
The Jeep's oil pressure gauge kept going to zero, which is bad. I took it in to Firestone (expensive) and found out that it was the oil sender and not the engine, which is good. but it cost me 180$, which is bad but better than 500$ for engine work, which is good. We are still wanting a van but have not looked much. Taking both kids and going to look at van's is not that fun of an idea. Nor do I really enjoy buying and selling cars. I don't trust too many people in the auto market and I am paranoid. Someday it would be nice to go and buy a new car so that I won't have to worry about what may be wrong with it. there are a lot of vans on ebay, but they are all 1000 miles away and talk about trust! all I see is a picture. We looked at the old VW vans that are really cool, but I am not sure the gas mileage would be any better.
Well better go.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home