Friday, June 09, 2006

Going on Tuesday now

Just heard word that I will be leaving on Tuesday with Zack (our computer programmer) to go to the desert. I will stay a week and then be replaced by Brandon. This last Tuesday a shaving, from a hole drilled to install GPS, shorted out the power system of the robot. bad news. Matt is frantically working to order new parts for a new power supply plus a spare. That is the beauty of young punk unmarried grad students they can work 14 hour days thru the weekend if needed. I also have been told a little of my role there. I will basically (along with others in need of a degree) be babysitting a robot as it traverses through the desert. So I will walk along the thing making sure it doesn't do something stupid and tumble down something. I have my desrt outfit already mostly planned, I am wearing my hillbilly hat with some shop goggles that have cutting torch lenses in them (I can look directly at the sun). I am looking for some sort of hawaiin shirt that would be tropical yet not flashy. I am also looking for some bright white cotton miami vice pants. I am still debating about the zinc oxide nose paint, purple of course. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home