Tuesday, September 04, 2007

USS Batfish






I think Angie looks really good in one of those redneck cowgirl hats, I might have to buy her one.

The rest of the pictures are of our trip through muskogee OK to see the USS Batfish WWII submarine. I must say that it was really cool. We walked through for about an hour and marveled at how people lived in there, how they slept with the torpedoes and a air tank 4 inches above their head. Judah and Zeke both really enjoyed pushing all the buttons and grabbing the wheels.

The proprietor met us in the parking lot (not many people there) and gave a us a little talk out in the 100 degree heat, kind of a prerequisite pep talk before we were inundated with all the WWII memorabilia inside the museum building. After the museum we went out back and went into the sub which was really cool. I was impressed with the 4 - 9000 cubic inch diesel engines that charged the batteries, man what a monster truck I could build with that! It was a great lesson for Zeke in history, we look to do a lot more of this for homeschooling.

I always wanted to make a submarine out of a refrigerator, but the people that care for me throughout the years have always discouraged it. I also think that if we ever get past this antigravity thing we should just outfit old submarines for space travel and send them up for the first wave.
They could be missile ready and everything! that is in case we needed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home