Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I deal in cookies.

Here are my three new wheels and tires. The tires are WTB weiwolfs and the wheels are Vuelta and Alexrims. I recently brokered a deal acquiring these little jewels from Billy Mays, our machine shop guy. It turns out that the human powered project team, that makes a recumbent bike for a race, didn't use all the parts they bought so Billy said he wanted 2 dozen cookies for the wheels which I gladly said yes to, the condition was that Angie bake them not me.

He also asked me if I could sell a bunch of other tires and 2 BMX wheels for him so that they could buy pizza for the shop personnel. So I put the BMX stuff on ebay to see how it goes.

I also dug out of the trash several more bike items that Billy threw away including a bottom bracket, bike computer, cheap lights, chains, etc. and to sweeten the deal Billy threw in a disk brake caliper and cable assy. I dig things out of the trash on a continual basis. One time I dug out a box of textbooks that I have been selling on ebay ever since, I have made about 200$ off that so far.
It was a good feeling I had all day from the bike part trade blessed event. I almost have enough parts to make a new bike, I really want to make my own frame but the shop doesn't allow home projects. I may have to make it educational somehow? Here is a picture of all the wheels and tires I have for sale. The tires shown are all 26" let me know if you are interested.

On a different note, we let dusty clean the house while we were gone last night and she (we finally agreed upon a gender, I guess someone finally looked between her wheels) did a great job cleaning the house, although she did shut herself in our bedroom somehow? sulking?

I am telling you this thing works well. We will pack dusty up and take her with us to Kansas to see if either parents like this little bit of techy goodness and think it would be something that would make their lives better.

As we left this morning, Zeke is now going to VBS in the mornings, we let dusty at it again. I think the boys like to order at least something around. Zeke will tell dusty to get to work on a regular basis which she does. I think that the hospital should hand these things out when you have a baby delivered there. Kind of a personal maid for that kid, much like in the day of old when a daughter was given in marriage there came several maids as well with her.

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dusty was probably sulking in the bedroom because she wants a new outfit.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Flippo said...

No outfit, but I was thinking of attaching a feather duster to her so at least everything a foot high would get dusted as well.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Rhea said...

I have a bicycle and I am in my 40s. Maybe we have something in common?

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Flippo said...

what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home