Monday, May 07, 2007





























So we went to a Homeschooling convention this last weekend, Angie's mom came and took care of the offspring. I was mostly just going to take a vacation but the convention turned out to be good as well, not as many weirdos as I thought would be there, they did have some shirts for sale that said something about watch socially inept home schooler! If any of you didn't know we are home schooling our kids, with Angie being a teacher we really think it is best. I realize this is controversial although the only thing people have against it is the social part which I don't agree with either. There are a lot of weird kids in public school as well although the homeschool concept does draw the weirdies at times I think but it does not make them. Maybe my kids will learn to spell better than I do. Anyway there you have it more opinion from me. We had a great time staying in a hotel and eating out. We ate at a Rib joint and the Toby Keith place (too loud) We stayed at the cheap hotel that the convention was with and got a good deal but the sign on the elevator was a little scary (above). Oh yeah the growing plants in Zeke's name is in our back yard, it is out little protest against them taking our sandbox away. It turned our really well. I am thinking about doing a K-State powercat in wheat plants.
There was a Cadillac that was stalled in front of us in the city, he got out and popped the hood and poured gas out of a liter bottle into the carb. I asked if he needed any help he came over with the gas in one hand and explained about his car and how he is just trying to get it home. We were a little scared due to the cigarette he had in the other hand.

7 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A lot of people use the socialization myth to counter homeschooling. I've met a lot more socially inempt public schooled kids than homeschooled one.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger expatAaron said...

Hey, you know we are homeschooling Ellie. Besides the worldview differences, there's a practical benefit. It takes a couple of hours a day and she's miles ahead of a normal 1st grader. Socialization? Because she's not sitting bored to death in class all day, she has time to do a million other things including play with all the Chinese kids.

FYI... we're back up and running on our blog.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger expatAaron said...

BTW - we've been to a couple of those homeschool conferences now as well. The first one was surprisingly good. There was a real funny and challenging guy to speak to the dads. The 2nd one this past Feb was the worst 2 days of conference that I've been to in my entire life. Of course I don't know if I can honestly say that because I didn't go to at least 75% of it. All of the dads were trying to pick up the free hotel wireless signal.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger  admin said...

i've seen the dark underbelly of the institution that is our local suburban public high school...
run away!! run away!!
our public schools are set up to teach girls, not boys. That is a fact. Its a direct result of the feminist movement/Title 9 stuff of the 1970's.
when i have more time, I have a lot more to say on this subject

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Closet Democrat said...

Oh brother (referring to the comments)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Flippo said...

I like all the feedback, Aaron it is about time you got back to the blog. When is the next time you will be home?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger expatAaron said...

We will probably be back for Laurel's brother's wedding sometime in the next year - if he kicks it in gear and actually asks the girl. But I doubt we will be in the midwest at all, and it will only be for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise we're not scheduled to go back to the US until Nov 08.

Check out the new pics on the blog. I politely request a comment or two...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home