Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On Vacation

I have been on vacation these last few days, spring break we in the acedamia call it. I was just thinking how funny it is that I didn't tell anyone other than my wife that I was taking these days off, no calls into work, no forms to fill out. There is a lot of flexibility in this thing I do (sometimes I have a hard time calling it work). I will go back tomorrow just to get some things done and take advantage of a campus without the pesky students getting in my way. My boss is still in California and won't be back till Summer, I do have several things to do for him whilest he is gone, and it looks like I might be sharing my research topic at a symposium here at OU in the spring (which is soon). This kind of excites me since I like the attention! I may have to break into my Chinese rendition of 'the hernia blues' ...maybe for an encore.
We have had a really good break, Miss Tara from Wichita came to visit us over the weekend. We went to the Zoo on Saturday and Monday (we have a season pass now). We went to Target (I got new shoes, Angie has a narrow outlook on old clothing), and a new mall where Zeke found a great little indoor park to pee his pants in.
At school I am learning a new program called Carrarra, it is used for computer generated video much like toy story. I am thinking about using to make a robotic presentation video for my boss, maybe in my movie our robot will be pulling out the mars rover from a sand dune or chase down martians and wrestle them up like on COPS. I was also thinking about making some kids videos for Zeke. I talk big but when will I have time to do this.
 
Here are some quotes, and for Miss Michelle's benefit I will include some context. By the way say hello to miss Michelle Rypma from Wichita. She hasn't ackowledged that she reads this but will have other sources.
 
Zeke in the car coming from Wichita with new light up shoes from Grammy "Daddy will be jealous of my new shoes"
 
Zeke praying at lunch "Thank you Jesus for bringing miss Tara to knock knock knock on our door"
 
Dan "Zeke lets cut some paper" (one of Zeke's favorite things to do)
Zeke "yeah lets make a mess"
 
Zeke after getting in trouble "daddy patty cake patty cake bakers man spank my booty" 
 
Well have a great week and leave some comments or I will sick google ads on you, by the way they sent an email saying that I was turned down for there little club. So much for that big plan, I may have to start my own web site and market it, I just need something to market!
Dan
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home