Thursday, November 06, 2008

Glad to be an american

A guy I know from college wrote this on my facebook wall in response to my saying that I was grateful that I got to vote, I thought it was really good perspective. 


Jay Goodwin at 10:49am November 5
And without any riots, coups, and insurrections. It always amazes me how we take the transition of power for granted here when you look at the difficulties other countries have in doing so peacefully.
Sure you'll have loons that claim BUSHITLER is going to suspend the Constitution with the Patriot Act and become dictator for life, but they are an insignificant minority. Almost the entirety of the populace just takes for granted the fact that a transition from one leader to another will be peaceful and that the newly elected President, whether from our party or not, is _our_ President.

As I thought last night while watching the Obama speech... I'm awfully proud that once again America puts paid to the lie that we are a racist country, but d*** I wish we would've elected someone that agrees with me. ;)

Really true, my guy lost but I am grateful for the chance to vote and disagree. I voted now for the next four years I will disagree. :) but that is different than complaining. I have a right to complain and disagree, but complaining won't help this country.

One commentator posed an interesting question, if they would have tied then the congress would have voted with Cheney giving the last vote, and he thought it would be Obama with Palin as VP. That would be an interesting team, the fights they would have. She would have to get out her gun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home