Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wee America

for my democratic family members you may not want to read this since it will probably make you mad at me and cause me to lose out on christmas presents.

Well the guy I voted against won, I am really afraid for our country but more than that I am proud of it. Angie has a friend from China that Angie was able to share with about voting and electing our leaders, made us proud that we get to vote and  be a part of what direction our nation takes. I really do wish Obama the best because now he is the leader of my nation.

Matt and I were discussing that we will probably have to go back to school again since there will be no jobs out there and welfare will pay well! 

Here are some predictions that I really hope that I am wrong about:

If we show a weak hand in world affairs North Korea will attack South Korea, China will finally take over Taiwan that they have been eyeing for the last 50 years. Israel will be attacked by Iran and Russia (but they will hold their own).

If the tax rates go into effect we will see double digit unemployment and inflation.

Plans are underway for the government to take over our 401k's at a pre August level with a proposed 3% return and replace it with social security.

The deficit will continue to rise (this would have happened under McCain as well)

Again I hope I am wrong. We shall see, good news is that the campaign is over and people can take down all their signs. I would be happy to say I was wrong about all this if Obama turns out to be a good leader, I don't envy him right now I think anyone who wants to be president is nuts. 

If the next 4 years are bad... well then Hello Madam President Palin!


1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with nearly everything President-elect Obama stands for, but I hope he governs well. I hope he governs with wisdom and self-control. I hope America stands up well against the challenges we face and will face during his term(s).

I am discouraged because leaders and citizens of countries who don't like us are cheering the results of this election.

I am discouraged because so many of our own center-right citizens are willing to compromise on nearly everything they believe so long as the government promises to bring us into the fold and provide for our every need. As if the goverment has the ability to do that. As if the government were ever meant to do that.

I am discouraged because in the past we conservative christian types hopefully elected leaders we believed were different....we have many of those leaders (from 1994 to present) to thank for our current delimma.

I am discouraged because of all the prospective happenings mentioned in your Wee America blog.

I am discouraged because the womb, the most dangerous place on planet earth for an unborn baby, will grow considerably more dangerous in the years to come.

Character matters. Character matters more than speaking ability or intellect. Character and conviction forge the world view that guides leaders as they govern. We are unwilling to look that deep when we elect a president.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home