Thursday, August 06, 2020

Back to school in the COVID era

Here is a letter I sent to all my advisees:

Hello gang

Dr F here. I wanted to send a note to all my advisees and see how you were doing and to say that if you have any questions let me know. Its a crazy year and we will do our best to meet it head on and with as much wisdom and humor as we can. 

Your professors should have sent out plans for their classes as to when and how they will meet. Please contact me or them with any confirmation on confusing aspects. 

Things have changed a bit, just so that you won't be shocked when you get here. There are signs on everydoor with the mask policy as well as directions on how to move through the hallway (stay to the right). Some of these procedures may strike you as a little over the top but KSU is doing its best to keep you safe and give you an outstanding education. 

Some fun ideas for masks for you (these are free ideas btw):

1) Write you phone number on your mask so that maybe you can get a date in the hallway, (but please stay 6 feet away from each other on the date)

2) Scent your masks with  something minty to mask any of your fellow student's odors, my wife could supply some essential oils for this purpose, although it might make you loopy

3) Sell advertisement space on your mask. This would be a good way to suppliment your educational costs. 

4) Forget the mask and go for the full helmet with visor, this would have the added benefit of protecting your head from lab experiements gone awry

5) have som extra masks for your friends in case they forget theirs (and you know they will), these masks can have fun sayings on them like "say hello to mr contageous" and "I have a fever and shortness of breath"

Well those are free, I will charge for other ideas. email me back and tell me how your Summer has gone and what your thoughts are on the Fall semester. 

I look forward to seeing you (from 6 feet away) on campus.

DrF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home