Friday, June 27, 2008

on the farm


Here are some more pictures of the boys. Left one is at Lindsborg after a very cold outdoor shower with the hose. We take a lot of those this summer, it keeps the bathroom cleaner. The other picture is the boys in Oklahoma which they haven't seen in a month. It will be hard to move back to the small place and no tractors. I have spent my time writing my dissertation 56 pages now, draft 3 and knocking down chicken houses (on purpose) fixing the skid steer (my inheritance) and now I am cutting up old farming equipment to take to the scrap metal yard. Last night I started on the old pull behind combine. It had a flathead four cylinder Jeep Willys engine on it that we saved, there is also a lot of good metal that we will get off of it. There is a lot of metal around here to scrap, and they give you almost twice the amount when you cut it up into 3X2X2 foot sections. Last night I cut off a wheel and it fell and landed on my father in law. I didn't see him down there, there was blood and I immediately blamed it on my brother in law(that is in new orleans) which I think they are wondering if he did do it. I am also designing a outdoor wood burning heater for the farm house. Using an old fuel tank (empty) silo stones and metal from the old combine. They have an abundant wood resource here, and a hard time finding where to put the felled trees. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home