Friday, November 30, 2007

Can't stand the English language

for the last few weeks I have been writing a paper for a conference in California in Feb. It is a paper about my machine. I am not that great at writing so I have been to visit the writing resource room here at OU. They edit and discuss your writing. The young gal that checked my paper tried really hard to understand what I was trying to say. Turns out I need to start using commas. Anyway I have the paper done now and I am waiting on approval of a name for my machine from my advisor. The name I came up with was:

Suspension and Wheel Evaluation and Experimentation Testbed (S.W.E.E.T.)

Matt and I actually came up with some more:

Suspension and Wheel Evaluation and Experimentation Platform(SWEEP)
Device for Engineers to Get Rover Evaluation Engine (DEGREE)
Suspension and Wheel Evaluation platform (SWEDe)
Suspension and Wheel Evaluation Apparatus for Rovers (SWEAR)
SR2 Testing Utility Device (STUD)

I like S.W.E.E.T. best cause I can say things like S.W.E.E.T.design ad S.W.E.E.T. results and Dan Flippo the designer of the S.W.E.E.T. machine.
Then again Dr Miller may squash that name for something bland and easy. Such is acedemia.
if anyone come up with a good name let me know.

thanksgiving was a hard week. The boys both got sick, Angie and I got the stomach flu. I did have fun playing guitar hero at my brothers house. We are glad to be home in our own bed though.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Closet Democrat said...

Commas, are, your, friend.

I like the name STUD.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Flippo said...

commas are a late addition to a non efficient language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home